Want to know how to use public funds to attract private investment for high-impact enterprises addressing the SDGs? Join us for a impact investment and blended finance training at UNDP in Cairo, Egypt from June 17-18. Convergence, the Social Finance Academy, and the University of Zurich will be hosting this training, which will bring together experts from the University of Oxford, Roots of Impact, Social Value UK and many more.
- Understand the huge potential of the private sector – both companies and investors– to contribute to international development, as well as recognize the key contribution of small and growing businesses.
- See impact investment and private sector resources as a promising source of capital to be integrated into public and philanthropic strategies
- Identify new ways of capacity building, catalytic capital and funding mechanisms to scale high-impact enterprises.
- Overcome market failures and structural challenges by blending different types of capital more effectively
- Gain a deeper understanding of impact, alignment of interest and additionality to design the right incentives and the optimal mix of capital sources