Blended Finance and Private Investment Mobilization Update, September 28th, 8:30am – 10:00am EST
The session is designed for and dedicated to staff from Ministries of Foreign Affairs, development agencies and Ministries of Finance at the 30 OECD DAC members who are interested in increasing investment in Low and Middle-Income Countries (LICs & MICs) to achieve the SDGs and Paris Agreement objectives. Please register for the event below, and forward to any of your interested colleagues in these organizations.
Convergence invites you to a 90-minute webinar dedicated to blended finance and private investment mobilization.
The webinar aims to achieve the following objectives:
- Provide an update on the leading developments in blended finance and private investment mobilization in 2023
- Summarize and operationalize the new 2023 OECD DAC rules for Official Development Assistance and private investment mobilization
- Identify and describe the leading global initiatives and upcoming events in blended finance and private investment mobilization
- Summarize the current World Bank Group Private Sector Investment Lab initiative
- Identify and agree the value of instituting quarterly convenings for the OECD DAC community (and philanthropic foundations) to advance blended finance good practices to increase levels of investment for SDG and climate impact
- Agree the best events and activities Convergence can undertake in 2023-24 to support OECD DAC members and philanthropic foundations for blended finance and private investment mobilization
- Convene a virtual networking event to allow all new and continuing staff at OECD DAC members to engage with each other – there has been immense turnover in blended finance / private investment mobilization roles and this post-summer event is a good way to connect and re-connect practitioners
This session is exclusive to Development Agencies, Ministries of Foreign Affairs/International Development.