Blended Finance for Affordable Housing Forum -
Wednesday, October 19th, 9am – 10:30am EDT (GMT-4)
Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida), Reall, and Convergence are co-hosting an online learning session to showcase how blended finance can help narrow the financing gap for affordable housing, and explore new blended finance solutions in affordable housing in Africa and Asia.
The session will include a summary of the current blended finance market, including the limited application to date for the affordable housing segment. It will also feature a presentation of Reall’s pioneering special purpose vehicle that aims to create partnerships between investors and affordable housing developers on the ground in Africa and Asia and enable Reall’s partners to scale up the construction of good quality, affordable homes for low-income households.
- Sandeep Bedi, CEO of Janaadhar, an affordable housing and innovative technology construction company in Bengaluru, India
- Yaw Afreh, CEO of Afreh Group, a socially and environmentally conscious real estate and built environment business from Ghana
- Ian Shapiro, CEO of Reall
- Chris Clubb, Managing Director, Europe, Convergence Blended Finance
- Ylva Schwinn, Program Specialist, WASH, Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA)
This forum is targeted at practitioners and advocates of affordable housing, innovative finance, blended finance, private investment mobilization and SDG 11 (Sustainable Cities and Communities). Participation is open to all and free of charge.