As countries worldwide set ambitious targets to achieve Net Zero, adopting renewable and clean energy sources is high on the agenda. Despite this, emerging economies with high potential for renewable energy development such as solar and wind, face financing challenges to the implementation of these solutions.
Our 90 minute session covered:
- An assessment of the current global renewable energy landscape, with a spotlight on developing economies.
- Convergence data trends on blended finance for global renewable energy investments: what is happening where?
- Insights from the Climate Policy Initiative on what barriers exist for investors and how policy and blended finance can be used to structure financial products that address these barriers.
- How to blend capital and assess risk at the fund-of-fund, fund, facility and/or project-level.
- We also explored three specific renewable energy transactions in detail: