Wednesday, May 25 from 9:00-10:00 AM ET/3:00-4:00 PM CET.
Join us for this webinar on the SDG Impact Finance Initiative Design Funding Window, with a special focus on SDG 4 – Quality Education. The COVID-19 pandemic has exacerbated existing challenges in achieving SDG 4, and the annual funding gap for education could grow from $148 billion towards $200 billion.
The Window awards funding for innovative impact finance solutions that will mobilize private investment for sustainable development in emerging markets and developing economies. In this first call for proposals funding will be awarded to solutions targeting at least one of the following four SDGs: SDG 4 (Quality Education), 8 (Decent Work & Economic Growth), 12 (Responsible Consumption & Production), and 13 (Climate Action).
Register for the webinar today to:
- Learn about the SDG Impact Finance Initiative Design Funding Window
- Learn how the grants will be awarded to support better education outcomes
- Understand the current education finance landscape and how innovative finance can be positioned to support it, including top investors as well as an overview of gaps and opportunities
- Hear about real life examples of impact finance transactions targeting education
- Gain insights into how to apply and evaluation criteria
- Get your questions about the Window answered
- Introduction to Convergence’s Design Funding program
- Introduction to the SDG Impact Finance Initiative and the current call for proposals for SDG 4 solutions
- Overview of the education finance landscape
- Examples of impact finance solutions targeting education (details to come)
- Q&A and conclusion
The SDG Impact Finance Initiative is a unique public-private partnership launched in December 2021 by a consortium of four Swiss organizations - Credit Suisse, UBS Optimus Foundation, the Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO), and the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC). Convergence is the implementing partner for the Initiative’s inaugural Design Funding Window.
The Design Funding Window is now open and the first submission deadline is June 30, 2022.