Can impact investing help us achieve the Sustainable Development Goals? Our Design Funding grantees Palladium will be hosting a one-day conference at the University of Oxford on Impact Investing in Emerging Markets.
This conference will debate, discuss and share some of the key themes and challenges at the centre of Impact Investing in emerging markets:
- Impact investing as a tool to address social and environmental prosperity in emerging markets
- Alignment of direct and intermediated investment portfolios with appropriate sustainable development goals
- The effects of the SDGs on investment and exit strategies
Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG)
- Effective methodologies and toolkits to address ESG concerns in the context of emerging markets
- Red flags and risk management techniques, both reputational and financial
- Role of ESG on exits – do ESG screens influence success?
- Incorporating impact and ‘lens’ based frameworks into the entire investment process
- Informatics approaches to capturing, cleaning and understanding impact data
- Relevance of impact on exit opportunities and strategies
- Design and structuring approaches to align investors with varying financial return and impact objectives
- Blended finance, tiered tranches and bond issuances as direct investment strategies in impact focused corporates
- Valuation methodologies and effective structuring of an investment exit
- Realistic expectations for limited partners in impact investing funds
- Management, performance and technical assistance fees
- Exit visibility and impact on financial returns
To register and to find out more click here.