Convergence is proud to announce that six members and grantees were shortlisted for the Green Climate Fund (GCF)'s $500M Pitch for the Planet call, which aims to support ambitious project ideas that crowd in private capital for climate resilience in developing countries. The GCF recently announced the top 30 shortlist in January 2018, which included the proposed projects of the following notable Convergence members and grantees:
- EarthSpark International SPV - "Scaling Smart, Solar Energy Access Microgrids in Haiti"
- Conservation International - "REDD+ Acceleration Fund"
- Africa GreenCo - "Catalyzing Renewable Energy Investment in SADC through a creditworthy intermediary offtaker: Africa GreenCo"
- WaterEquity - "WaterCredit Investment Fund 3: Utilizing Affordable Financing to Scale Access to Water and Sanitation in Countries Vulnerable to Climate Change"
- Absolute Energy Capital LLP - "Absolute Energy Impact Fund"
- ADM Capital - "Bukit Tigapuluh Sustainable Landscape Project (Project Pangolin)"
The above members and grantees have received Convergence's support in various forms including connecting with potential investors such as the GCF and deal sponsors through our exclusive online matchmaking platform, accessing our curated market intel, and/or received a Design Funding grant to support the early-stage design of their projects.