Convergence offers members a range of blended finance learning and capacity building programs. These programs help members: i) understand the potential of blended finance to support in achieving the SDGs and surface credible investment opportunities in developing countries, ii) build the case internally for blended finance based on the financial and development impact of blended finance to-date, iii) develop a blended finance strategy and approach, and iv) develop the capacity to participate effectively in blended finance transactions, from due diligence to monitoring.
Bespoke blended finance trainings and knowledge exchanges are also available for organizations to increase their knowledge of blended finance. Sessions are catered to organization needs and interests and include participation from industry experts and other Convergence members. Past sessions took place at AfDB & OECD.
To arrange for a bespoke knowledge exchange for your organization, email Aakif Merchant at [email protected].
VIRTUAL TRAINING SERIES
To ensure our members continue learning, Convergence will continue its virtual training workshops by launching a new series entitled “Leveraging Blended Finance to achieve the UN SDGs”. The series consists of four 2.5-hour (150 minutes) interactive trainings on the following topics:
1. Blended Finance in the Blue Economy (SDG 14) (February 28th EDT / March 1st SGT) - SESSION COMPLETED
2. Exploring the Blended Finance and Gender Equality Nexus (SDG 5) (March 30th EDT / March 31st SGT) - SESSION COMPLETED
3. How Blended Finance Supports Sustainable Life on Land (SDG 15) (April 26th EDT / April 27th SGT) - SESSION COMPLETED
4. Blended Finance for Sustainable Cities and Communities (SDG 11) (May 24th EDT / May 25th SGT) - UPCOMING
Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter to stay informed.
How It Works
A range of learning and capacity building programs are available to members, including:
- Bespoke knowledge exchange for member and staff, structured around specific requirements and interests.
- Early access and/or preferential rates for blended finance Executive Education programs at partner Universities.
- Webinars discussion and analyzing select topics, with participation from industry experts and practitioners.
- Coming Soon: Access to online educational modules on blended finance