For blended finance to make a material difference towards the Sustainable Development Goals, diverse stakeholders such as commercial investors, development agencies, impact investors, philanthropic foundations, and development finance institutions, must develop a strong understanding of both the theory and practice behind this collaborative approach.
As the global network for blended finance, Convergence has unique insights on each stakeholder and the various factors that unlock their participation. In designing this training program, we have leveraged our experience, data, and network to create a practical and actionable blended finance training curriculum.
The one-day training will include presentations, lectures and case studies by Convergence and third-party facilitators. The training will be interactive and directly engage and involve participants in the learning process.
The modules and agenda are designed to enable participants to uncover answers to the following questions:
- What is blended finance and how can it be applied strategically?
- What does the blended finance ecosystem look like? Who are the various participants and what is their level of activity?
- What are the key components of a blended finance transaction?
- What are the various financial instruments that are commonly observed in blended finance structures?
- How can development capital providers and private investors work together in order to create financial transactions that reflect each other’s criteria?
- What are some instructive examples of transactions that have successfully adopted this approach to crowd-in private capital for development?
Who should attend?
This training has been created for program and operational staff at commercial investment firms, development agencies, impact investing organizations, philanthropic foundations, and development finance institutions/multi-lateral development banks.
The training will provide participants with an intermediate understanding of blended finance. It is recommended that participants already have a basic knowledge of the topic. Following the training, participants will have a working knowledge of how to make sense of and implement blended finance transactions and frameworks within their respective organizations
Information & Registration
Cost of attendance is $2000 per person. Complimentary ticket(s) are available for Convergence members who have registered for an annual membership. The training has limited space to ensure a personal, intensive and practice-driven learning experience. Please contact [email protected] to register or if you require any additional information.